Ms. Fernandez practices in the areas of Complex Business Litigation, Labor and Employment Litigation, Receivership and Securities Litigation, and Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights. Ms. Fernandez is a member of the Florida Bar and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Prior to joining Damian & Valori LLP as an attorney, Ms. Fernandez was a law clerk with the firm. Ms. Fernandez was also a Certified Legal Intern with the Delaware County District Attorney’s Office and Villanova’s Farmworker Legal Aid Clinic.
Ms. Fernandez received her law degree from Villanova University School of Law (J.D. May 2013) and was a member and Director of External Competitions for the Villanova Law Moot Court Board. Upon graduation, Ms. Fernandez was awarded the Moot Court Distinguished Service Award and the Dorothy Day Pro Bono Award. Ms. Fernandez was also the President of the Hispanic American Law Student Association.
Before attending law school, Ms. Fernandez graduated with honors from Florida International University in 2009, receiving a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a Minor in History.
Profile At A Glance
- Complex Business Litigation
- Receivership and Securities Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Labor & Employment Litigation
- The Florida Bar (2012)
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern & Middle Districts of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Cuban American Bar Association
- The Dade County Bar Association
- Past President of the Hispanic American Law Student Association
- Recipient of the Moot Court Distinguished Service Award
- Recipient of the Dorothy Day Pro Bono Award
Publications: Business Torts: A State-by-State Survey of the Economic Loss Doctrine, Chapter 11, Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation (2014 ed. Vol I)
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Florida International University (B.A., with honors, 2009)