Christine Marie Dimitriou
Christine Marie Dimitriou practices in the areas of federal and state court receiverships, complex business litigation, admiralty and maritime law, and cybersecurity and data privacy compliance. She is licensed to practice in Florida state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Prior to joining Damian & Valori, Ms. Dimitriou was a senior associate with a national firm, practicing in the area of class action and consumer fraud litigation, as well as counseling companies concerning best practices for cybersecurity and data privacy. Ms. Dimitriou’s representations include Fortune 500 companies, including the major cruise lines, in state and federal court as well as in international arbitration.
Ms. Dimitriou received her law degree, cum laude, from St. Thomas University School of Law. She was a staff editor for the St. Thomas Law Review, a moot court member, and research assistant to Professor Attilio Costabel. Additionally, Ms. Dimitriou was the president and founder of the St. Thomas Maritime Law Society and received the “Silver Oar Award” for academic excellence in the school’s maritime curriculum. In her third year of law school, Ms. Dimitriou was selected to serve as a Certified Legal Intern for the Miami-Dade Office of the Public Defender and argued in the Third District Court of Appeal. Ms. Dimitriou has been named a Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Ms. Dimitriou is fluent in Spanish and speaks conversational Italian and Greek. She is a member of the Florida Bar’s Business Section, the American Hellenic Institute, and the Women in Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA).
Profile at a Glance
- Federal and State Court Receiverships
- Complex Business Litigation
- Investor and Consumer Fraud Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Data Privacy Compliance
- The Florida Bar (2012)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar – Business Law Section
- American Hellenic Institute
- Women in Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA)
- Florida Super Lawyers – Rising Star: 2018, 2019, 2020
- “Silver Oar Award” – St. Thomas University Law School
- St. Thomas University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2012) – Law Review, Staff Editor and President and Founder of the St. Thomas Maritime Law Society