Mary Claire Espenkotter
Ms. Espenkotter is Of Counsel to the firm and concentrates her practice in the areas of federal court litigation and appeals, with an emphasis on employment, securities and real estate litigation. Prior to joining Damian & Valori, Ms. Espenkotter spent seven years as the Chambers Staff Attorney for the Honorable Stanley Marcus of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Ms. Espenkotter has served as an Adjunct Professor in the areas of Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy at the University of Miami School of Law and the St. Thomas University School of Law.
Ms. Espenkotter is a graduate of the George Washington University (B.A., with honors, 1994) and the University of Miami School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1997), where she was a member of the University of Miami Law Review, a Dean’s Merit Scholar and a recipient of the Order of the Coif.
Ms. Espenkotter is a member of the Junior League of Miami. She has served as a co-chair of the League’s Sundari Foundation “Project Lift” Committee and is a 2008 and 2010 recipient of the U.S. President’s Volunteer Service Award (Bronze level in 2008 and Silver level in 2010).
Ms. Espenkotter is a member of the Florida Bar and is admitted to practice in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Florida.
Profile at a Glance
- Federal Court Litigation
- Federal Court Appeals
- Employment Litigation
- The Florida Bar (1997)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- The Junior League of Miami
- Recipient of the 2008 U.S. President’s Volunteer Service Award (Bronze Level)
- Recipient of the 2010 U.S. President’s Volunteer Service Award (Silver Level)
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1997)
- George Washington University (B.A., with honors, 1994)