Allison J. Leonard
Ms. Leonard’s practice areas include complex business litigation, receivership and securities litigation, employment law and bankuptcy and creditors’ rights law and litigation. She is licensed to practice in Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Prior to joining Damian & Valori, LLP, Ms. Leonard was the senior litigation associate at a well-known boutique litigation firm in Coral Gables where she represented individuals and businesses seeking justice after suffering a civil wrongdoing, with a emphasis on products liability, business torts and wage and hour claims.
Ms. Leonard received her law degree from Florida International University College of Law (J.D., 2010), where she earned the Best Brief Award and Oral Argument Champion Award in the Intramural Moot Court Competition and the CALI Award of Excellence for the highest grade in the Carlos A. Costa Immigration and Human Rights Legal Clinic. She received her undergraduate degree from the Florida International University College of Business (B.A., 2007), where she attended as a National Hispanic Scholar and National Merit Commended Student.
Ms. Leonard is dedicated to serving not only her clients but also the community at large. She currently serves on the Executive Committee of Olympia Center, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to managing and maintaining the Olympia Theater, downtown Miami’s oldest historic performing arts center. She is a member of the FIU College of Law Dean’s Council, the Cuban American Bar Association (Assistant Articles Editor, CABA Briefs Committee), and the Florida Association for Women Lawyers (Co-Chair, Public Relations Committee). In 2016, Ms. Leonard was appointed to the Eleventh Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee of the Florida Bar. Ms. Leonard also coaches the competitive trial team at her alma mater Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy in Miami.
Profile at a Glance
- Complex Business Litigation
- Receivership and Securities Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Labor & Employment Litigation
- The Florida Bar (2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar – Eleventh Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers – Co-chair, Public Relations Committee
- Cuban American Bar Association – Assistant Editor, CABA Briefs Committee
- Olympia Center, Inc. – Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Florida International University College of Law Dean’s Council
- Intramural Moot Court Competition – Best Brief Award and Oral Argument Champion Award
- CALI Award of Excellence – Carlos A. Costa Immigration and Human Rights Legal Clinic
- Florida International University College of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Florida International University (B.A., 2007)