Amanda L. Fernandez
Ms. Fernandez practices in the areas of Complex Business Litigation, Labor and Employment Litigation, Receivership and Securities Litigation, and Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights. Ms. Fernandez is a member of the Florida Bar and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida.
Ms. Fernandez is a member of the Board of Directors for the Cuban American Bar Association (CABA). She has also chaired the CABA CLE Committee for the past three years and created a CLE series called “Desayuno con CABA,” where she organizes monthly CLE’s for members that range from topics such as mental health and wellness for attorneys to cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, and blockchain technology for law firms. She is also Chair of the 2019 AIT Uncorked event for CABA. AIT Uncorked is an annual food and wine event that CABA hosts to raise proceeds for its Pro Bono services. Ms. Fernandez is also Chair of the CABA CLE Committee where she created a monthly CLE series called “Desayuno con CABA.” The CLE seminar topics range from such issues as mental health and wellness for attorneys to cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, blockchain for law firms and disruptive technology. She is also active with The Florida Bar and is a Past Chair of the Business Litigation Committee of the Business Law Section.
Ms. Fernandez was recognized by South Florida Business & Wealth Magazine’s Up & Comer Awards for 2019. She was also recognized by her peers as a Rising Star in Florida Super Lawyers Magazine in 2017 and 2018.
Prior to joining Damian & Valori LLP as an attorney, Ms. Fernandez was a law clerk with the firm. Ms. Fernandez was also a Certified Legal Intern with the Delaware County District Attorney’s Office and Villanova’s Farmworker Legal Aid Clinic.
Ms. Fernandez received her law degree from Villanova University School of Law (J.D. May 2013) and was a member and Director of External Competitions for the Villanova Law Moot Court Board. Upon graduation, Ms. Fernandez was awarded the Moot Court Distinguished Service Award and the Dorothy Day Pro Bono Award. Ms. Fernandez was also the President of the Hispanic American Law Student Association.
Before attending law school, Ms. Fernandez graduated with honors from Florida International University in 2009, receiving a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a Minor in History.
Profile at a Glance
- Complex Business Litigation
- Receivership and Securities Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Labor & Employment Litigation
- The Florida Bar (2012)
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern & Middle Districts of Florida
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Chair of the Business Litigation Committee, Co-Chair of the Uniform Commercial Real Estate Receivership Act (UCRERA) Task Force
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter, Co-Chair of the State Court Judicial Liaison Committee
- Cuban American Bar Association
- The Dade County Bar Association
- Past President of the Hispanic American Law Student Association
- Recipient of the Moot Court Distinguished Service Award
- Recipient of the Dorothy Day Pro Bono Award
Publications: Business Torts: A State-by-State Survey of the Economic Loss Doctrine, Chapter 11, Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation (2014 ed. Vol I)
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Florida International University (B.A., with honors, 2009)