Patricia Baloyra represents developers and property owners through all aspects of project development, entitlement and enforcement processes, including applications, public hearings, and appeals in both Circuit Court and with the Division of Administrative Hearings. She handles all aspects of interaction with local government administration, including planning, zoning, building, public works, environmental resource, and code enforcement officials. Her interaction with municipal and county administrations, boards, and staff has included negotiating a wide range of issues related to entitlements and code interpretations. She has served as an Assistant City Attorney for various municipalities in Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe County. In that capacity, her work has included writing ordinances related to land use, zoning, and code enforcement. She has also prepared and responded to requests for proposal and requests for qualifications, as well as objections to such public bidding processes. Additionally, Baloyra has advised municipal boards when seated in their quasi-judicial capacities.
Ms. Baloyra also has extensive experience representing companies and individuals in a variety of complex litigation involving diverse subject matter, including land use, zoning, and environmental issues, as well as complex commercial litigation, including cases involving contractual, partnership, business torts, fraud, RICO, secured transactions, and employment issues. She is a member of the Florida bar and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida.
Baloyra is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell, achieving the agency’s highest rating for both competency and ethics.
Baloyra is a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP) and has the knowledge and skills to facilitate the LEED certification process for her clients.
She has been named by the South Florida Business Journal as both a “Key Partner” and “Heavy Hitter in Commercial Real Estate” for demonstrated success in her field. She has also been listed in Florida Trend magazine’s 2011 and 2013 Legal Elite, an honor achieved by less than two percent of the members of the Florida Bar. She has been recognized in 2013-2018 by the top legal guide “The Best Lawyers in America,” published by Woodward and White.
Profile At A Glance
- Land Use & Zoning Law
- Government Relations
- Commercial Litigation
- The Florida Bar, 1996
- The U.S. District Courts for the Southern & Middle Districts of Florida
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional, U.S. Green Building Council
- Board Member of Miami Children’s Museum
- AV® Rating with Martindale-Hubbell
- “The Best Lawyers in America®” for Land Use and Zoning, 2013-2018
- “Florida Legal Elite” by Florida Trend magazine 2011 and 2013
- “Heavy Hitter in Commercial Real Estate” by the South Florida Business Journal
- Key Partners Awards Legal Category hosted by the South Florida Business Journal
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, PA, 1995, J.D., Juris Doctor
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, 1991, B.A., Bachelor of Arts