Mr. ElHachem focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, receiverships, and administrative law and regulation. He has extensive experience in administrative tribunals and state and federal courts.
Mr. ElHachem represents investors in business frauds, corporate and partnership disputes, and breaches of fiduciary duties. He also represents regulated industries and individual licensees in regulatory litigations involving state agencies.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. ElHachem was the lead litigation attorney for the Division of Pari Mutuel Wagering at the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, where he worked closely with casinos and racing facilities on licensing and regulatory matters and defended against constitutional and rule challenges.
He is fluent in French, Arabic, and English and often represents international clients in regulatory matters and business litigation.
Prior to moving to the United States, he lived, worked and studied in Lebanon, France, and Saudi Arabia. He worked in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia with an international logistics company where he advised and ensured the company’s compliance with local and international regulations and drafted the company’s employment agreements in Arabic and English. He also worked at a law firm in Beirut, Lebanon, where he gained both transactional and litigation experience.
Mr. ElHachem is active in the community; he volunteers on different boards and is a college mentor with Strive for College.
You might run into him at an airport or on a tennis court as he loves to travel and has a goal of visiting 20 countries by 2024 (he is halfway there with trips to more than 70 cities in 10 different countries.)
Profile at a Glance
- Complex commercial litigation
- Corporate litigation
- Administrative litigation and regulatory matters
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Mentor at Strive for College
- Committee on Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy, The Florida Bar – Term 06/30/2022
- Administrative Law Section, The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section, The Florida Bar
- International Law Section, The Florida Bar
- Director, Tallahassee Barristers Association
- Treasurer, Florida Government Bar Association (2020)
- Best Cross Examination Award, DOAH Trial Academy (2019)
- International Arbitration Certificate, International Chamber of Commerce (2014)
- International Human Rights Award, International Bar Association (2013)
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law – Cum Laude
- LL.M. in American Law for Foreign Lawyers, Florida State University College of Law – Magna Cum Laude
- Master 1, Université de Poitiers Faculté de Droits, France
- LL.B. (J.D. equivalent), Université Saint Esprit de Kaslik, Lebanon